Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas Day 11



Well today has been a wonderfully relaxing Christmas! We awoke around 7:30 and invited the kids into our room to open stockings - most items had been purchased in Ft Lauderdale from the dollar or drug store. JG was excited to get Naruto cards! J was happy to get dark chocolate and P, for a chocolate orange, just like always!

I discovered the wonderful example of fruit carving on display in the piazza! We went to the Da Vinci dining room for Breakfast. It feels a bit weird to have all these staff running around to serve us where we hardly lift a finger. Life in the lap of luxury for sure! I do feel bad for how hard the staff has to work, especially on Christmas Day, as the ship is at a code red for norovirus alert. More about that another time.

After breakfast we went to the interdenominational church service where they served communion wafers but no wine (ship's doctor's orders). Nice to have a Christian church service on Christmas Day- I guess it depends on the ship's cruise director's wishes.

We then raced to the gingerbread decorating competition already in progress. You can see the picture for our end result. The roof took 5 mini-wheat boxes to complete! Our friends, Sandra and Kyle won third place! (I actually went and had my hair washed and blown dry by a stylist while my family created their masterpiece. The hair was not worth the price I had to pay!)

J and I headed up to Floor 15 to watch a demonstration of ice carving. Since it was 10 floors of stairs I was tempted to take the stairs when J offered, but I declined!

We then went to our rooms to open a gift we had brought for each of the kids. After lunch, we decided to have a game of charades in our stateroom. What would Christmas be without charades!

Kids wanted some down time in their room and I wanted to go up on the lido deck for fresh air, while J went for a workout (yes, on Christmas Day)!

Lots of kids crafts in the piazza now and I believe a reading by Santa himself of "'twas the Night Before Christmas" too - oops I just missed that - too much to do onboard this ship!

Merry Christmas!

Photo 1: Fruit carving on display in the piazza
Photo 2: Gingerbread house building team
Photo 3: Canadians Sandra and Kyle with their 3rd place finish house!
Photo 4: Ice carving demo on deck!







No comments:

Post a Comment