Friday 10 April 2015

San Diego Evening

Once back onboard the ship P went and used the elliptical in the fitness centre while J cycled. I wrote the first part of my
Blog and joined them for the last half hour. 

Dinner had its usual attentive service from Jerik and Rebeca. Jerik noticed P was wearing an England soccer jersey and asked if he was a fut-ball fan!  Playing it yes, watching it no!

So many items on the menu, so few calories to consume!  I did walk 17,000 steps today!  Lots of steps every day on the cruise - of course our motto is never to take the elevator while on a cruise!  I like deck 9 for our stateroom location for that rule - just 3 flights to the dining room on deck 6!

Anyhow for supper I chose mojito's - an appetizer of red snapper, a tortellini soup in broth and a piña Coloda cold soup (without the alcohol).

My Mojito's is pictured above. 


My Piña Coloda soup looks suspiciously like the drink!


P enjoying his choco banana drink which really is a chocolate milkshake with banana in it!  You can buy a non alcoholic drink package for the duration of the cruise that provides mock tails and P takes full advantage of 2 every night. P's aunt and uncle gave the (non-alcoholic) drink package to him in celebrating his 15th birthday. The alcoholic version of the drink package costs $49 per day and you have to buy it for all seven days of the cruise!

P and I had delicious and filling prime rib while J had the basa fish.  Dessert was the flourless chocolate cake and maybe a side of hazelnut mousse for me!


After dinner we went on deck to watch the movie Into The Woods with Meryl Streep, Anna Kendrick, Emily Blunt Nd Johnny Depp. I was disappointed to see so many deck chairs being saved with personal items. J & I sat together on loungers with blankets buy P sat on a dining chair - so he left half way through the movie (J did offer him one of the loungers but he declined). Clever interweaving of fairy tales and music in the story. 


Watching Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) is not quite the same in California as it is in the Caribbean!  I wore a tank top, light sweater, heavy sweater, fleece coat and rain coat, then covered my legs with a blanket. Top it off with a ball hat, hood up and warm cup of tea and I was quite comfortable to watch the movie!

Once back in the room we played a card game of burn your neighbour out of doors and I got burnt most severely!  It was fun to play - J won and P was in the middle. 

To bed, to bed, sleepy head!

No comments:

Post a Comment