Thursday 9 April 2015

Los Angeles


Today we arrived in the port of Los Angeles around 4 am, but the ship was cleared for disembarkation at 7:30 am. We left the ship and cleared immigration (because we are back in the USA). P and I caught a cab to the enterprise car rental and of course the cab driver wanted to take us all the way to Disneyland!  Um, no thanks that would cost $150 round trip instead of my $50 car rental!

I was very proud that I navigated to Disneyland without incident. The drive took about 40 minutes. Parking in the world's largest parkade and taking the tram to the front gates took just about as long!  (Well not quite - maybe another 20 minutes). P and I didn't get inside the gates of the happiest place on earth until about 10:10 am. 

We headed to Indiana Jones to get fast pass tickets (scheduled to return between 12 and 1). Pirates of the Caribbean was our first stop. After that, we kept on walking to Splash Mountain where a 55 minute wait was posted. We decided to try our hand at the singles lineup and found virtually NO wait!

After that we visited Indiana Jones, the Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. 



By then it was 2:30 and we wanted to give ourselves ample time to get back to the ship before it set sail!  The all aboard call was for 5:30. 

By the time took a different route back to Long Beach (by virtue of making a split decision exiting the parkade),filled up with $4.02 worth of fuel, returned the rental and got shuttled back to the cruise ship, it was 4:30 pm. A comfortable amount of time to spare!

J spent the day exploring the port area - especially enjoying the Pacific Aquarium walking distance from the ship. 

I was especially happy to re-enter the world of Internet service to read my email!  I learned my eldest JG (who is home studying for University finals) was offered a summer job with Shell!  How great is that!  I am very proud of JG!  We used the Vonage app to call her for free!

Supper was Italian night. I had a seafood appetizer, green salad and scallop and shrimp entree. P had minestrone soup, spaghetti and meatballs; J had pasta fagioli and they both had a chicken entree. 

J and I went directly to the Motor City musical production, then P joined us for the Gary Carson magician show. I believe we saw him on the Emerald Princess cruise 3 years ago. Great shows!

Time for bed and will post this at the port of San Diego!


No comments:

Post a Comment