Wednesday 8 April 2015

1st Day at Sea

The ship has a variety of different activities planned for sea days.

We awoke at 6:30 am and went down for breakfast around 7 am when the dining room opened. JG would have loved to see Eggs Benedict on the menu!  JG is at home studying for university finals. In JG"s honour I ordered eggs Benny!  J & P both had fried eggs. 

After breakfast I explored the ship and got in some walking steps at a brisk pace. J & P went to the very busy fitness centre for a workout. 

I went to the Pricess Theatre intending to attend an Interdenominational church service - with a piano player and just one other person in attendance, I decided it wouldn't be too inspiring. Instead I participated in a very crowded Zumba class where I worked up a sweat!

A fruit and vegetable carving demonstration was held in the piazza so I watched that for 15 minutes before racing off to meet J and P for another round of trivia!  We managed a more respectable 12 out of 20 this round. I did score the winning card that secured 17 out of 20!

A few minutes before noon we got in line for lunch in the dining room. It was clearly busy this day at sea!  We only had to wait about 5 minutes as they processed the people in front of us - by the time we left the dining room  there were no tables available and still a line of people waiting to eat!  I had a fresh spinach fettuccine appetizer and a chicken korma entree. P had lamb, ham and beef and a banger!  Not too much protein!  J had a rigatoni carbonara (which R would love) and vegetarian burrito. 

After lunch we headed to the Theatre to watch Birdman because we thought it was the character who was held at Alcatraz. Clearly not, so we left after 15 minutes!

J and I then went for a hot tub on the Lido deck. J and P went for their second workout of the day while I had a nap!

Tonight is formal night so John sought out an iron for his dress shirt!  We all ordered the Beef medallions and the 50th anniversary chocolate raspberry dessert!




No comments:

Post a Comment