Sunday 30 July 2023

Day 11 at Sea

Days at sea can be relaxing and rejuvenating or filled with activity. Today we achieved a better balance. JP and I went to the Destination expert Karen’s talk on Gibraltar at 9 am. 



Gibraltar is British but located on the southern tip of Spain a hop skip and a jump from Morocco. 

ME and DG found deck chairs in the shade uo on deck 17. They texted us through the Princess app but it was some time (like hours) before we read their texts and actually found them. So we went up and enjoyed fresh air and some pleasant temps in the shade. Today it was 27 C  - so a really lovely temperature. 

We had a light lunch so we had a little space to try afternoon tea in the Capri dining room. JP had very limited choices for gluten free but they cobbled together a small offering for her too. 

Tonight was formal night - and I totally didn’t pack correctly. I was thinking Princess had removed formal nights and scaled back the dress code. Instead I was remembering Holland America (or Norwegian Cruise Lines or Oceania) all of whom have simplified dress expectations. As such I didn’t pick any really fancy clothes and feel that I am making do with a black T-shirt dress that I packed. 

After supper JP and I went to see the production show, Rock Opera, which is great entertainment (we had seen it last week and I loved it). 

We joined ME and DG for the Yes No game show in Princess Lice theatre at 9 pm. The object is to be interviewed and answer questions without using the word yes or no. The winners lasted 3 minutes and were rewarded with a bottle of champagne. Lesser time frames maybe got a coaster or other freebie. There was lots is laughter so fun to watch. 

We watched one karaoke performer then called it a night. I needed to write my blog then get a good night of sleep for a 6:30 alarm tomorrow!

The fun and laughter continues and we really are enjoying every aspect of this vacation!!


No comments:

Post a Comment