Friday 15 February 2019

Day 19 Day at Sea, Cruising the South Pacific

So today we are living life as if it were in Newfoundland!  We moved clocks forward 30 minutes in the night!  I don’t think many guests read the memo - because the Terrace Grill was empty at 6:45 am when we went for breakfast. It could have been the fact that we had a day at Sea and nobody had any desire to get up early!!

J went to a stretch class and then a spin class!  I was slothluje in bed, watching a movie. Then at 10 am I went to an Oceania presentation where they try to entice you to book another cruise. I sat with our friends from New Zealand - and the wife was one number away from winning a $250 shipboard credit!!(Must be present to win - and it is handed out at the end of the presentation!). As she said, might as well have been a 1,000 numbers away!!

Back in the stateroom, I received a call from E, who had hiked the 3 coconuts trail in Moorea with John. She and her Mom were looking for bridge players and invited us to join them in the French Polynesian air, at a card table, but out of the sun. I hunted down John and found him outside of the Barista. And, wait for it, I played a game of bridge. E, is a new bridge player, (and smart as a whip cause she is in med school) but I felt comfortable enough that I want the only newbie. Anyhow, J talked me through every single bid I had to make - and I got the cards, because I had the highest score at the end of the four hands, three times. 

E, her Mom, C and I then went to a painting class where we started painting a glass plate. Class two is in 3 days time where we continue on with the project. 

I then read and spent time by the pool and J went to his third free fitness class of the day - a yoga class. 

Supper was at the Terrace Grill and Marina, my favourite server at the buffet station, somehow learned my name!  Good for her!!  She is always super friendly!  




Our view from the back Terrace Grill tonight just after the sunset!!

We did attend the entertainment at 9:30 tonight - it is a female singer from Australia with some acclaim!  Claire Lyon has played the role of Christine in the worldwide tour of Phantom of the Opera and sung with Josh Grobin. She had a lovely voice - if a few too many opera songs for my liking!  She did sing Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” which is always heart warming!

Tomorrow we arrive in a new port, Nuku Hiva, the Marquesas. The island became known after it was featured in the fourth season of the television show “Survivor”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment