Thursday 14 February 2019

Day 18 Bora Bora

Today we remained in Bora Bora until 1 pm. The last tender back to the ship was leaving the shore at 12:30 pm. 

We awoke at our usual 6:30 am and had breakfast on the Terrace Grill. We love sitting outside in shorts and a T-shirt in 30 C weather from early in the morning till late at night. So after breakfast I joined my husband for a stretch class at the fitness centre. There is nothing too stretchy about this body!!  But I do appreciate that attending classes at the fitness centre are offered at no extra charge. 

We then caught a tender into the island of Bora Bora and walked down the road. Freelance tour guides were offering trips to Bloody Mary’s and circle island tours, but we just wanted to walk and check out a few shops. 

We visited a few shops and the local grocery store and found a few souvenirs. We then returned back to the ship around 10:45. The tender wasn’t crazy busy - but I heard that they were at 12 noon!

We headed to the dining room for lunch - thinking they might have something special for Valentine’s Day. 



While a pleasant and diverse menu, there was nothing about it offering chocolate!!  So after a Greek lunch, we headed up to deck 12. J had ice cream and I went to the watercolour class being offered. It was a class for newbies and I fit in just perfectly!!  At the end of the class I raced off to get some flourless chocolate cake - and was disappointed to learn there was none left!!  Honestly, Oceania underestimates how much people love chocolate for dessert!!  Many of the restaurants don’t offer chocolate anything for dessert!!

So then I headed up to the room to discover J wanted to have a nap - so I went to the Marina Lounge to hear Nick Glakas talk on French Polynesia again. I read my book on my iPad up on deck 12. Then J and I went for a swim. Time for a shower and got changed Togo to our reservation at Red Ginger. Since this is the third time we have eaten there in 2 weeks, the staff are getting to know us!!  Delicious as always!!  Love the forte tea especially!


Speaking of the best tea, it makes me think of the barista here. You can order specialty coffees any time on the ship. I have seen J drink more coffee on the trip than in our entire 26 years of marriage!!  He likes the coffee here!!

So again, Red Ginger has an amazing Chilean Seabass that I ordered for the main course, but they offer no chocolate dessert. So we headed up to the Terrace Grill for Flourless Chocolate cake -which was replenished by supper time!!

The ship did have the shops selling jewelry and women’s clothing as a special Valentines sale - but offered no special food like you might ordinarily find on a Princess ship for Easter and Christmas. Maybe Valentines isn’t a special enough day to warrant new dishes on the menu. 

I then found a comfy lounge chair in the open air of Deck 12 to write my blog. I’ll see if there is a production show in the Theatre at 9:30 pm. 

Tomorrow is a day at Sea, so it should be fairly relaxed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment