Monday 22 January 2018

Day 4

We had a blissful sleep in until 8 am this morning!  Breakfast was included with the room. Everybody else found something to eat. I managed to eat pllain oatmeal and supplemented it with some strawberries purchased at Winn Dixie last night. 

I have been trying to post pictures on my blog but technology seems to be thwarting me! I have been able to successfully airdrop pictures from my phone to my iPad and that allows us to see them much more clearly!

Because we were in Fort Lauderdale I had to visit the nearest Ross Dress for Less store!  I once again was focused on my size of dresses and this time I included pants in the effort. I never have enough time - and this time I had 90 minutes. I walked out with two dresses and one pair of pants!  

I raced back to the hotel to collect my family. J dropped off JG, P and I at Port Everglades where we found a bench in the shade and accessed wi-fi while J took the car to the airport to return to Hertz, then caught a cab back to the ship. We all entered the Port authority and were processed immediately because we were fortunate enough to be Ocean Medallion testers in our staterooms. Being selected was nothing we did - our class of stateroom happens to be among the 110 staterooms being tested this cruise. 


This is a picture of an Ocean Medallion that has great potential to order drinks, track teens on the ship and open your stateroom as you approach - but currently that is not operational (hence why they are still testing). For the moment it is a blue piece of jewellery to wear!

This time JG and P are in a verandah room next door to us as opposed to an inside room across the hall. As the boys are now aged 17 and 21 we figure they can appreciate the views afforded by a verandah stateroom and the associated balcony. 

After an Ocean Medallion information session where P and I signed up for unlimited wi-if for $10 per day (per device) we then all attended the obligatory muster drill. The wi-if seems to be working surprisingly well!

We made a trip up to deck 16 to enjoy sail away at 5 pm.  Our assigned dining table at 5:30 is one table away from a window seat and we seem to have another family with teens at their table too, seated near us. Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) was the poorly rated “The Dark Tower”. Though the movie was poor, the concept of watching a movie on the big screen under the stars around the pool is just stellar!

We retired to our rooms and unpacked our suitcases that got delivered over the supper hour. 

Princess Cays await tomorrow morning so we must get a good night of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment