Thursday 5 December 2013

St. Thomas

The weather dictated my choice of activity for today - though Mom and LC had it determined months ago - we went shopping!  Lucky for us when the downpour really happened - we were in Drake's Passage where a number of reasonably priced jewellery stores could be found. We were definitely trapped inside this covered walkway - but we could comparison shop quite easily. Even with the rain, the temperature was a lovely 29 C. As with most days, I was the Sherpa, hauling everybody's purchases and the umbrella.  I have been called Cinderella once or twice on the ship. LC said, "If you are Cinderella, then that makes me the ugly step sister!"

This is my view as I sit on the verandah typing!

My running shoes were on this same verandah drying from yesterday's walk around downtown San Juan. Unbelievably they got wetter with the driving rain today. I hope they dry by the time I have to pack my suitcase!

LC is now reviewing all her purchases with us and very happy with them indeed!  I bought a set of bamboo sheets for our master. My children each bought a set of sheets last year at Cariloha and I can hardly pry them out of their hands to wash them. 

So I think Mom is enjoying her week of pampering. She went across to the Neptune lounge to pour her own tea this afternoon and she didn't know how to work the machine - I laughed and gave her instructions saying Cinderella might not always be available! This was evidenced by the fact that she "ordered" us to change her hair appointment because it wasn't going to work with her onboard schedule!  Truth be known, we are enjoying and laughing while pampering her. 

This picture is of Mom and LC downtown.


This last picture is of Mom and I reboarding the ship. I want to upload this blog entry before I leave AT & T service !




No comments:

Post a Comment