Sunday 6 January 2013

Disembarkation - Day 23

Our dream vacation is done! We pulled in to Ft Lauderdale at 6:30 am today. Many other ships were pulling in too. The Ruby Princess was already docked at Pier 2 so we were assigned Pier 21. I can see a Celebrity ship and Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas as we wait in the Crooner's Bar in comfortable seats before we disembark at 10:30. I have learned the Allure and the Oasis are definitively the biggest ships on the seas today. (Not the Independence of the Seas as I previously thought!)

We had breakfast with Tom and Sherrie from Petawawa, Ontario. We always learn so much from others who have cruised more than us. Princess has a Captain's Circle program. We have been classified with blue cruise cards - that means first time Princess travellers. After one cruise you are classified as gold. After 5 cruises or 50 days of cruising, you become platinum. After 15 cruises, you become elite.

More perks come along with each category. Once you hit platinum, like Tom and Sherrie after this cruise, you get free Internet minutes (250 free minutes for this 10 day cruise I believe) and other perks. Tom told us you get double credits if you stay in a suite. You also get credits for cruises as short as one or two days and I guess that is a contentious issue for some cruisers!

I would like the free laundry service that comes along with being an elite member!

In about 45 minutes we will assemble in the Michelangelo dining rom and disembark with our group. We will then grab a taxi bound for the airport and hop aboard our flight via Houston home.

My sister has already told me that she bought some bread, milk and juice for us and left them in our fridge. That will be appreciated for breakfast before school tomorrow!

Thanks for following along on my blog. I wrote it entirely on my iPhone and certainly made some mistakes along the way, but it forced me to actually write a diary that I will reflect on and wonder just what I did for 20 days onboard the Emerald Princess!

Never before have I felt so pampered on a vacation! I have added a picture of my hand, reasonably well manicured 3.5 weeks after I got the manicure. If you give up cooking, cleaning and housework for 3 weeks a manicure can last an incredibly long time! Thank you Cesar, Victor and Janice (and so many others) for making this a true vacation for this full time Mom and part time Event Planner!

Photo 1: My hand

Photo 2: Celebrity Silhouette docking next to the Emerald Princess



No comments:

Post a Comment