Monday 7 August 2023

Day 19 Rome, Italy

Today was a more relaxing day in Rome. We headed out to a park in search of greenery!  Villa Borghese Gardens were a nice amble from our apartment - they were big and they offered lots of shade!!  After many days of 30 plus Celsius temperatures, I just wanted not to be dripping with sweat 15 minutes after stepping outside. 

And so a walk in the Gardens was wonderful!

I then returned to our apartment because I had a couple of hours of work to do. JP went on a guided tour of Villa Medici. ME and DG walked further. 

JP returned for lunch first and the other two joined us after a successful shopping trip and lunch at McDonald’s!  Did you know you can buy beer and cafe at lait at McDonald’s in Rome?

I then took a taxi to go visit my cousin Hazel and her son Mario at their home. It has a wonderful view from three terraces!!


After a lovely visit, tea and a piece of cheesecake I bid adieu and headed back to our apartment. I met my friends at a bistro as they were finishing their supper. 

We walked the streets a bit and appreciated the comfortable temperatures. We then returned to the apartment and played a couple games of euchre!

Tomorrow we have 8 am Vatican tickets so it will be an early start. 



No comments:

Post a Comment