Tuesday 21 February 2017

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

I slept soundly in my dark inside room, evidently my Mom did not!  She and LC have single beds and Mom was worried she would roll out. My wake-up call at 6:30 roused me out of my deep sleep. Mom ordered breakfast to eat in the room and LC and I went up to the Lido buffet to eat ours. I had a glass of milk, 2 slices of turkey bacon, a boiled egg and some fish fruit. 

We then returned to our room to get ready to catch the 8 am tender to Half Moon Cay. 
In the port lecture with Ryan today we learned that Holland America bought the beautiful white sand beach for Half Moon Cay from France. The sand is man made!

Being on the first tender at 8 am, allowed us to choose the clamshell we wanted for shade and close proximity so mom didn't had to walk far.  LC and I both snapped some photos with an empty beach too!  The Clamshell cost $20 to rent and comes with two chairs. It becomes a home base to leave our belongings and return to all day.  For the first t hours we sat in reclining chairs in the sun until 10 am because we wanted to stay warm. By about 11:30 Mom was willing to go for a swim so we walked down to the water and swam.  

LC and Mom headed back to the ship around noon and I went snorkelling. Saw vry feed fish but enjoyed swimming and snorkelling for about 45 minutes with the sun warm on my back. I enjoyed a little nap in the clamshell till about 1:20 before heading to catch a tender. Last tender was at 2:30 and the lineup was long!  It was quick to process and I was on th tender within 15 minutes. 

I grabbed a Caesar salad for lunch and then enjoyed a hot tub before I changed out of my wet swimsuit. Once showered, all three of us went to the port talk with Ryan to hear about Grand Turk and Amber Cove - our next two  ports. 

We requested a window seat for the third time and again were unsuccessful so we went back to Table 165 where we enjoyed dinner. My appetizer was a tomato & fresh mozzarella salad stack, Mom had a seafood devilled egg and LC had a green salad. We all ordered Baramundi fish for supper and it was very tasty. 

The production show "One World" was a first rate production. Two male singers, one female and 8 dancers. The 270 degree stage with amazing digital backdrops made it visually stunning. Add in costumes, singing and dancing admit felt like a night out at a theatre on Broadway. 

It is now 8:35 and I am wrapping up my blog post. Hopefully I will find wifi in Grand Turk tomorrow to post it. I am going to gt a cup of tea to settle in for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment