Friday 17 February 2017

Girls Cruise 2017 Vacation Commences

Well my Mom, G, my sister, LC, and I have flown to Fort Lauderdale to begin our 2017 Girls Cruise. How wonderful that WesrJet now offers a direct flight to FLL!  Mom and LC were in plus seats on the plane and that meant they could check two bags for free and eat all the airline cuisine they wanted!  Plus seats are only offered in the aisle and window seats with the middle seat used as a little table. As they were in the front row they had amp,e room I. Front so I went in and visited them for about half an hour. 

Once we arrived, we caught a cab from the airport to Embassy Suites (1100 SE 17 Street, Fort Lauderdale). Cab ride by the meter cost $15.50.  Pretty reasonable cost divided by three!

Once we checked into the Embassy Suites, we were given a room on the top floor (12). Perfect set up for us in that it has two double beds in one room and a pullout couch in another room so we each get our own bed. I like that the suite has a fridge and microwave in addition to separate coffee and tea machines. 

LC and I were really hungry so we all went for supper in hotel Dino g room called "E Spot". Mom had crab cakes, LC a hamburger and I had a green salad with chicken. I enjoyed the meal but I had to make a rather quick trip to the bathroom shortly thereafter!  All is well now though. 

Heading to bed at 11:30 pm which is only 9:30 pm home time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment