Wednesday 1 March 2017

Disembarkation

Today I awoke at 5:30 am and by 6 am there was lots of action next door in the room stewards work area. 

LC and I went for one final breakfast in the Lido and it was very busy. Mom ordered breakfast in the room. 

On Holland America you can stay in your own stateroom while awaiting your time slot to disembark. I cleared out of my room and waited in Mom and LC's room so they started stripping down my room. At 8:15 we left our room and then sat in the Oceans Bar awaiting a porter and wheelchair for Mom. Those porters know the operation and the quickest way to move. By the time a porter pushed Mom we were probably through immigration in 15 minutes. 

An uber XL vehicle picked us up and we paid $16.58 for an uber (then added a $5 tip for our luggage)!  Much better than taking a $90 transfer through Holland America!

Our flight through Toronto seems to be on time. It will be good to be home with my family by 9 pm tonight!

What a wonderful vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment